We have a robust network of face-to-face Peer Support Groups throughout Queensland. Our group members are people with disability, and we unite to connect, lead, inform, and influence.
We strongly believe in the principle of 'nothing about us without us.'
Our peer groups are led by peers and serve as inclusive spaces for people with disability to come together.
We host online peer support group meetings, providing you the opportunity to connect with other people with disability from anywhere in Queensland. All our groups are peer-led and serve as inclusive spaces for people with disabilities to come together, fostering connections and sharing experiences. We unite to connect, lead, inform, and influence.
We offer a variety of groups covering different topics and areas of interest, such as our QDN Y group for young people, our MAC Group for individuals over 65, and our self-management group. If you require information on how to join an online group, we will email you an invitation with instructions on how to participate using Zoom.
We also conduct occasional group meetings, both online and face-to-face, with a focus on various areas such as the Women's Group, Emerging Leaders Program Group, Peer Support Group Convener, and Peer Leader and Chairperson Forum.
We have made it easy and free for you to join. Find the location or online group you would like to join below, then contact us!
- Phone us on 1300 363 783
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Face-to Face and online groups
Face-to Face only groups
Online only groups
- Group Convenor Profile – Wayne Maitland28th July 2022Wayne Maitland Cairns Peer Support Group Why did you join QDN? I want to make a difference . I wanted to have an impact and use my previous work and life experience to help others speak out and make a difference. QDN enables me to do just that around the issues that impact people with disability. What has been good about becoming part of the group? Being part of something bigger, friendship, being out in the community and being able to communicate with others and share issues or ideas on ... Read More
- Group Convenor Profile – Patricia Marsh11th July 2022Patricia Marsh Rockhampton Peer Support Group Why did you join QDN? Because my passion is to improve the lives of people with disability and to advocate for people with disability to improve their own lives What has been good about being a part of the group? I feel more confident in speaking up for myself and advocating for myself and others. What has been one of the groups achievements? Helping people with disability in Rockhampton prepare their Person-Centred Emergency ... Read More
- Group Convenor Profile – Rob Ellis21st June 2022Rob Ellis Gold Coast Hot Topics Peer Support Group Why did you join QDN? To be included in my local community and to have a say about issues impacting people with disability. What has been good about becoming part of the group? Friendship, being out in the community and being able to communicate with others and share knowledge which is what I love to do. What has been one of the groups achievements? Long lasting, staying together, and friendship. One of the groups achievements was ... Read More
- QDN e-News Video Update – June Week 316th June 2022QDN e-News Video Update – June 2022 Week 3 2032 Games Visioning Forum On Monday we held the Brisbane 2032 Games Visioning Forum. With over 70 participants the Forum was opened by the Hon Stirling Hinchliffe MP, Minister for Tourism, Innovation and Sport and Minister Assisting the Premier on Olympics and Paralympics Sport and Engagement. Three speakers, including two former Paralympians Geoff Trappett and Karni Liddell and Dr Sharon Boyce set the scene for how we can work together to ... Read More
- Peer Support Group Wrap up – March 20223rd June 2022Peer Support Group wrap up – March 2022 QDN team members, Olivia and Kat went to Far North Queensland! Olivia and Kat spent a week in Far North Queensland supporting our three Peer Support Groups, building and broadening local community connections and awareness of the work of QDN’s Peer Support Groups. Over the week they supported three peer groups meeting with 17 QDN peer group members and over 40 community service providers and 3 regional councils. They connected with new ... Read More
Resources for attending Online Peer Support Groups
How to use Zoom
A guide to help you use zoom video conferencing.