Our strategic direction is formed around a centre of four key pillars: Inform, Connect, Lead and Influence. These elements are core to everything that we do. Our strategic goals are:
- To promote and maintain active, vibrant local networks that inform our work and build local capacity
- To enhance the leadership and influencing capability of people with disability
- To let people know about the lives of people with disability and how to best engage with us
- To influence governments and others to bring about full and equal participation, citizenship and protection of rights for all
- To grow an independently sustainable, effective, accountable and rights based organisation that reflects our vision, mission, values and principle
Authentic Voice – We are with, and for, all people with disability and ensure those with limited or no voice are heard and valued.
Collaborative Action – We work together to learn from the collective experiences, values and wisdom of people with disability.
Rights – We believe in, and model, a human rights approach that recognises disability as a social issue.
Respect – We value human difference and diversity and build mutual respect through openness and fellowship.
Resilience – We are hopeful, even about the most complex challenges and are here for the long term.
QDN's Co-design Principles
In our 20 years as an organisation, QDN’s motto ‘nothing about us without us’ is central to who we are and the work we do. Co-design is an important element of how we do our work. When done well and effectively, people with disability are engaged in a meaningful, equal, and authentic way to co-design solutions that deliver quality outcomes for the end–user.
Overview of QDN's Co-design Principles
Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) is a state-wide network of people with diverse disability from communities across Queensland. Our motto is ‘nothing about us without us’ and this is central to the way we work and codesign. We believe that people with disability need to be included from the beginning in the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of services, policy, and products.
Our Own Voice - QDN's Leadership Principles and Framework
The purpose of this framework is to make visible and accessible, the focus and pathways for leadership by and for Queenslanders with disability. QDN’s principles of co-design guide and inform effective, quality and authentic engagement of people with disability as end users of services, products, policy and laws in their design. It is important that leaders with disability are involved from the beginning, leading and infuencing innovation, improvements and impact.