Applications for the 2023 QDN Emerging Leaders program have closed.
What is the QDN Emerging Leaders program?
QDN’s Emerging Leaders program is a leadership program focused on building capacity for taking your place in the world. Each year 25 people with disability complete the program which develops skills and builds capacity. The program supports Emerging Leaders to:
- build capacity and develop the skills and confidence to contribute to their community,
- lead change in their lives and their community,
- create a more inclusive community, and
- inform, connect, lead and influence.
When will the program run?
Now in its third year, the program will run from March 2023 to November 2023. Participants will need to commit to two workshops in Brisbane as well as fortnightly online sessions.
Who should apply?
People with disability who live in Queensland, who want an opportunity to develop leadership skills. We welcome diversity and encourage people with disability of all ages, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, who are LGBTI+ and gender-diverse, and are First Nations to apply.
Emerging leaders in the program are involved in:
- monthly training sessions (face to face meetings, online interactive sessions),
- community activities to develop critical thinking,
- exploring leadership theory practice and techniques,
- holding inquiring conversations,
- building relationships, and
- connecting with established leaders.
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. For more information visit https://www.dss.gov.au/.