In 2021, we ran the first QDN Emerging Leaders program with 20 people with disability from across Queensland building their leadership capacity over the 10-month program. Meet the 2021 Emerging Leaders by clicking here.
In 2022, QDN is running our second QDN Emerging Leaders program with 34 people with disability from across Queensland starting their leadership journey in March 2022. Meet the 2022 Emerging Leaders by clicking here.
What is the program?
The Emerging Leaders Program is a leadership development program for people with disability. It supports emerging leaders to:
- build capacity and develop the skills and confidence to contribute to their community,
- lead change in their lives and their community,
- create a more inclusive community, and
- inform, connect, lead and influence.
Emerging Leaders in the program are involved in:
- monthly training sessions (face to face meetings, online interactive sessions),
- community activities to develop critical thinking,
- exploring leadership theory practice and techniques,
- holding inquiring conversations,
- building relationships, and
- connecting with established leaders.
This project is funded by a grant through the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building program.
You might also be interested in
Read stories from all our members about their experiences.