What is the program?
The Emerging Leaders Program is a leadership development program for people with disability. It supports emerging leaders to:
• build capacity and develop the skills and confidence to contribute to their community,
• lead change in their lives and their community,
• create a more inclusive community, and
• inform, connect, lead and influence.
Emerging Leaders in the program are involved in:
- monthly training sessions (face to face meetings, online interactive sessions),
- community activities to develop critical thinking,
- exploring leadership theory practice and techniques,
- holding inquiring conversations,
- building relationships, and
- connecting with established leaders.
This project is funded by a grant through the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building program.
You might also be interested in
Read stories from all our members about their experiences.