NDIS Targeted Outreach Project
Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) and our project partners QCOSS and ADA Australia (through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Disability Network QLD, ATSIDNQ) along with the Queensland Government, are helping more eligible Queenslanders with disability join the NDIS and experience the benefits of the scheme through the NDIS Targeted Outreach Project.
This project is helping people with disability to:
- understand the supports the NDIS can provide to them, and
- access free and practical individual support to apply for and join the NDIS through regional Assessment and Referral (ART) teams
learn more about the NDIS
find out what the NDIS can do for you, and
get contact details of people that can help you apply
learn more about the NDIS
help QDN and our partners identify people with disability who may be eligible for the NDIS, and
access free and fun resources to use in community groups or individually
Who can this project mainly assist?
The Targeted Outreach Project will focus on assisting the following groups to access the NDIS:
- Regional, rural and remote communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- School leavers
- Adult prisoners
- Children in youth detention
- Children attending special school
- Adults on community service orders
- People living in hostels, supported accommodation, caravan parks, social housing, community housing or experiencing homelessness, and
- People with disability who are not in the groups above but would like to have further information and assistance with NDIS access.
Where can you find the Targeted Outreach team?
QDN and project partners are currently delivering online and over-the-phone assistance.
The project is presently being rolled out in the following communities over the next three months –
- Maryborough, Fraser Coast, and surrounds,
- Sunshine Coast and surrounds, and
- Moreton and surrounds.
Further locations across Queensland will be progressively rolled out during 2020-2022 and QDN will provide regular updates.
What is the ART?
The NDIS Targeted Outreach Project is working alongside the Governments Assessment and Referral Team (ART). ART has small multi-disciplinary teams in the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors who provide intensive case management to support people with disability through the NDIS access process from start to finish.
The following NDIS application support is available …
- collecting and preparing information,
- filling out and sending NDIS forms,
- discussing disability related needs with doctors and specialists,
- providing functional assessments where needed, and
- keeping track of the NDIS access request until the process is finished.
Who to contact?
Contact QDN on 1300 363 783 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project has been made available through collaboration between the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments.