NDIS Targeted Outreach Project
Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) and our project partners QCOSS and ADA Australia (through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Disability Network Queensland, ATSIDNQ) along with the Queensland Government, are helping more eligible Queenslanders with disability join the NDIS and experience the benefits of the scheme through the NDIS Targeted Outreach Project.
This project is helping people with disability to:
- understand the supports the NDIS can provide to them, and
- access free and practical individual support to apply for and join the NDIS through regional Assessment and Referral (ART) teams
Here you can:
Meet our Local Champions, who are people with lived experience of disability
Watch a video to hear their story
Who can this project assist?
The Targeted Outreach Project can assist anyone who wants to learn about the NDIS, decide if the NDIS is for them and how it can support them and help people connect with the team.
Where can you find the Targeted Outreach team?
QDN and project partners are currently delivering online and over-the-phone assistance.
The project is presently being rolled out in the following communities over the next three months –
- Maryborough, Fraser Coast, and surrounds,
- Sunshine Coast and surrounds, and
- Moreton and surrounds.
Further locations across Queensland will be progressively rolled out during 2020-2022 and QDN will provide regular updates.
What is the Assessment and Referral Team (ART)?
The NDIS Targeted Outreach Project is working alongside the Queensland Government’s Assessment and Referral Team (ART). ART has small multi-disciplinary teams in the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors who provide intensive case management to support people with disability through the NDIS access process from start to finish.
The following NDIS application support is available …
- collecting and preparing information,
- filling out and sending NDIS forms,
- discussing disability related needs with doctors and specialists,
- providing functional assessments where needed, and
- keeping track of the NDIS access request until the process is finished.
Who to contact?
Contact QDN on 1300 363 783 for more information or email email@example.com.
This project has been made available through collaboration between the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments.