The Targeted Outreach Project is a free service which is helping more people with disability to:
- understand how the NDIS can provide access to the supports they need
- access free and practical individual support to apply for and access the NDIS through the dedicated regional Assessment and Referral Team (ART)
We also have Local Champions who are people with disability working in their local communities to help more people join the NDIS.
The Assessment and Referral Team (ART) is a small team within the Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships who provide intensive case management to support people with disability to navigate the NDIS access process from start to finish.
The support that can be given by the ART team is:
- collecting and preparing information
- filling out and sending NDIS forms
- discussing disability-related needs with doctors and specialists
- providing functional assessments where needed
- keeping track of the NDIS Access Request until the process is finished.
Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) and our project partners QCOSS, ADA Australia and the Queensland Government, are helping more eligible Queenslanders with disability join the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and experience the benefits of the scheme through the Targeted Outreach Project.
Targeted Outreach stories of impact
My life changed because of the NDIS
“The NDIS has been life changing in lots of ways for me. It has enabled me to take control of my time and be empowered to do what I want to do.”
“Being able to work alongside the Targeted Outreach team in our community to help locals learn more about the NDIS has been awesome.”
This project has been made available through collaboration between the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments.
You might also be interested in
Learn more about QDN’s activities, programs and projects.