Applications close on the 11 July 2022.
The appointee has significant delegated autonomy and is accountable for the delivery specified work focused on peer leadership, peer support and peer engagement of people with disability across Queensland that covers:
- stakeholder consumer and community engagement in specific communities across Queensland.
- strengthening, growing and building the leadership capabilities of QDN’s leaders with disability and members across the State through established organisational mechanisms of groups, programs and projects.
- membership growth and contributing to the strategic work of the organisation.
They are expected to work under limited direction but recognising when advice may be needed on complex or unusual matters. They will work to ensure the timely achievement of deliverables, within agreed budgets and performance levels. The position may require some travel.
The appointee will work within the requirements of relevant legislation including the Queensland Human Rights Act, and QDN’s Quality System, demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and contribute to internal and external auditing processes as required under ISO9000.
Key responsibilities of this role
Fulfil this role in accordance with QDN’s policies and procedures, and:
- Develop, deliver and lead activities focused on consumer and community engagement and capacity building that enable people with disability to develop, grow their peer leadership skills and sustain engagement activities to enable them to be informed and connected, and participating socially and economically in their communities.
- Influence the growth and development of QDN, including peer leaders, groups, programs and organisational business sustainability.
- Deliver on the management and governance responsibilities to coordinate:
- internal resources, recruitment, management and direction of project staff and volunteers
- project planning, implementation and review, and
- compliance with relevant State and Commonwealth legislation and frameworks including QDN’s Quality Management System, NDIS Quality and Safeguards and Queensland Human Rights Act.
- Produce content for and provide expert advice on information and feedback content for QDN’s peer leadership and group activities, project plans, reports, submissions, presentations, newsletters, website content, publications and communication material.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with relevant government, private and not-for-profit organisations and agencies to influence state and national policy and represent the position and views of QDN to all relevant internal and external stakeholders in a way that enhances the reputation of the organisation.
- Other duties as directed by the CEO or Director, Policy & Strategic Engagement.