Media Communications and Marketing Officer - Applications have now closed
Applications close on the 10th of October 2021
The Media Communications and Marketing Officer provides service to all streams of QDN business, projects as well as new business line establishment. The appointee is accountable for the planning, coordination and delivery of the QDN marketing and communications strategy. The role provides partnership support to senior management stakeholders.
When required, the position may provide direction to contractors brought in to assist with communication, marketing or other projects.
The appointee will work within the requirements of relevant legislation including the Queensland Human Rights Act, and QDN’s Quality System, demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and contribute to internal and external auditing processes as required under ISO9001
Key responsibilities of this role
Fulfil this role in accordance with QDN’s policies and procedures, and:
- Ensure that the QDN media and communications strategy is developed, maintained and implemented;
- Prepare a range of time-sensitive accessible written content, including policies, project plans, reports, discussion papers, newsletters, e-blasts, media releases, publications and campaign material;
- Work with the Director Policy and Strategy, Project Manager and Project Leads, to develop Communication Plans for QDN programs and projects as required, and bodies of work and ensure the key deliverables relating to communications and media are completed;
- Manage the content displayed on the QDN website and ensure it meets organisational requirements;
- Provide timely, expert advice to key internal stakeholders regarding accessible communication, media and engagement projects;
- Monitor and develop content for social media platforms and proactively engage with the sector and stakeholders through member-focussed content that meets organisational objectives;
- Develop and implement a range of marketing and publications, including liaison with members and external information suppliers;
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to identify, research, assist and manage media around member issues and opportunities;
- Promote membership growth through the delivery of appropriate newsletters and other member communication;
- Other duties as required by the CEO or Director of Policy and Strategic Engagement.
Click here to download the Accessible Version of the Position Description