e-Blast: New Easy Read Residential Tenancy Information Sheets
In April 2020, the Queensland Government made temporary changes to the residential tenancy laws to protect Queenslanders affected by COVID-19. The illness caused by the new coronavirus.
Some of these changes ended on 29 September 2020. There are still some temporary rules in place until 31 December 2020.
Together with the Queensland Government Department of Housing and Public Works, we have created resources to help tenants understand these changes and what they will mean for them.
Resources include Easy Read translations of the Residential Tenancy COVID Practice Guide and other information sheets.
You will find a full list of the information sheets below:
- Residential Tenancy Agreements – From 30 September 2020
- Managing rent and unpaid rent (Infosheet 1)
- Ending residential tenancies (Infosheet 2)
- Entry to the property and repairs (Infosheet 3)
- Domestic and family violence protections (Infosheet 4)
- If both the tenant and the landlord can’t agree – conciliation and applying to QCAT (Infosheet 5)
- Getting help and support (Infosheet 6)
- Glossary of terms (Infosheet 7)