e-Blast: Central Station upgrades – lifts closed from 30 November 2020.
From 30 November 2020, the lifts to platforms 1/2 and 3/4 at Central station will be closed for approximately four months for major works.
QDN recognises that the temporary closure of these lifts will have an impact on many of our members. Queensland Rail has provided information about the measures that are in place to assist customers who require the lifts for accessibility.
Services affected: Beenleigh, Gold Coast, Cleveland, Airport, Doomben, Shorncliffe, Ferny Grove.
Travelling to Central? Disembark at Roma Street or Fortitude Valley and see station staff, who will help you get to the correct platform to arrive at Central on platforms 5/6.
Departing Central? Board a train from platforms 5/6 and transfer at Roma Street or Fortitude Valley. Staff at these stations will help you get to the correct platform to continue your journey.
What to do if the platform 5/6 lift at Central is not available?
- Alternative arrangements will be made for customers travelling to or from Central station when the platform 5/6 lift is not available.
- Customers will receive an advanced warning via onboard announcements, station staff and the TransLink website, where possible.
- All customers travelling to Central who need to use a lift should disembark at Roma Street and seek advice from station staff.
- When departing Central, seek advice from station staff.
- Please allow extra time when travelling to or from an alternative station during the temporary lift closures.
For assistance with station access:
- please call 13 16 17 (business hours)
- text (only) 0428 774 636 or
- visit translink.com.au
For information about the works:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 1800 401 944 (business hours) or
- Visit the Queensland Rail website’s information page
If you have a question or need more information, please call us on 1300 363 783 or email email@example.com