Together our work in Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DIDRR) has involved:
- Developing ‘DIDRR Framework and Toolkit for Queensland’ based on community consultation
- Developing practical tools and resources, co-designed with people with disability, that support individual emergency preparedness planning
- Co-designing a Person-Centered Emergency Preparedness (P-CEP) planning resource
- A P-CEP Peer-Leadership program, where people with disability lead and support others to develop their emergency preparedness – both in Queensland and interstate
- Working alongside local communities and Council’s to undertake DIDRR initiatives
- Delivering training and workshops on Person-Centred Emergency Preparedness for people with disability and their supports, and Business Continuity Planning for services
- Leading internationally renowned research on disability inclusive disaster risk reduction
The Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction Framework and toolkit for Queensland provides a roadmap for how everyone can work together to co-design local, state and national responses to disaster and emergencies. The Framework and toolkit were informed by a series of inclusive community consultations held across Queensland.
“I used the Person-Centred Emergency Preparedness capability wheel to prioritise my support needs in emergencies. Making a plan has made me more mentally prepared for what I will do in a disaster.” QDN Member
You might also be interested in
Check out all of QDN's resources.