Jobs at QDN
POSITION TITLE: Policy Officer
HOURS: Up to 38 hours per week
LOCATION: Brisbane – travel as required
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE
The Policy Officer is responsible for assisting with engagement with people with disability, community and key stakeholders to gain information, build capacity and inform and undertake key systemic policy work. They are accountable for the delivery of work assignments and projects, recognising when matters need to be referred to management for resolution.
They will work to ensure the timely achievement of deliverables, within agreed budgets and performance levels. The position may require some travel.
The appointee will work within the requirements of relevant legislation including the Queensland Human Rights Act 2019, and QDN’s Quality System, demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and contribute to internal and external auditing processes as required under ISO9000.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Fulfil this role in accordance with QDN’s policies and procedures, and:
- Anticipate and identify policy issues, undertake research, analysis and conceptualise solutions with regards to QDN’s policy and systemic advocacy work, with one of the key focuses upon disability and housing issues impacting people with disability.
- Develop and deliver engagement activities that build the capacity and leadership of people with disability to engage and have a voice within the policy context.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with relevant government, private and not-for-profit organisations, to influence state and national policy and represent the position and views of QDN to all relevant internal and external stakeholders in a way that enhances the reputation of the organisation.
- Produce content for media statements, briefings, reports, submissions, presentations, newsletters, website content, publications, communication material and other sources of information.
- Undertake implementation of membership growth strategies to influence the growth and development of QDN membership, in line with organisational goals.
- Ability to work independently, exercising appropriate initiative and judgement to solve problems.
- Other duties as requested by the CEO or line manager.
A Job Description is available on our website www.qdn.org.au.
To be considered for the role, please provide a written application by 7 March 2021 how your capabilities can fulfill the requirements of the position (max 4 pages), a resume and a covering letter via Seek or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
QDN is a proud employer of people with disability, and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions. We are an EEO employer and we embrace the diversity of our people, such as diversity in disability, race, cultural background, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or intersex status.
Should you require further information please contact Michelle Moss, Director Policy and Strategic Engagement at email@example.com, using the subject line: Policy Officer enquiry via QDN Website, or call 07 3252 8566.