NDIS Targeted Outreach Project
Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN), Queensland Council of Social Service (QCOSS), Aged and Disability Advocacy Australia (ADA Australia) and the Queensland Government are working together on a project to ensure as many Queenslanders with disability as possible are supported to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). This work is called the Targeted Outreach Project.
The Targeted Outreach Project will focus on assisting the following groups to access the NDIS:
- Regional, rural and remote communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- School leavers
- Adult prisoners
- Children in youth detention
- Children attending special school
- Adults on community service orders
The Targeted Outreach team will be on the ground progressively during 2020-2022 in the following locations:
- North Coast region, Maryborough and surrounds
- Toowoomba and South West Queensland
- North Queensland
- South East Queensland
- Central Queensland
- Far North Queensland
This work is closely linked with the Governments Assessment and Referral Team project (ART). The Assessment and Referral Team provide intensive case management to maximise the likelihood of a successful application to the NDIS.
Contact QDN on 1300 363 783 for more information or email email@example.com.
This project has been made available through collaboration between the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments.