QDN CEO Michelle Moss presented at state awards
Michelle Moss was presented as a Finalist in the prestigious Quota Beenleigh Leadership Award by Karen Murphy, Past International President - Quota International and a Quota Beenleigh Club Member, during the 2023 Queensland Australian Community Achievement Awards Gala Presentation Dinner on Friday 17 November 2023 at the Royal on the Park Brisbane.
2023 Queensland Community Achievement Awards - Media Release
Hosted by Kendall Gilding, 7NEWS Presenter, more than 350 guests gathered from across the State to celebrate Queensland’s high achievers.
Michelle Moss of Brisbane is an advocate who is making a lasting impact. Michelle is the CEO of Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN). With nearly three decades in the human services sector, Michelle is committed to representing the voices of people with disability.
She has set a new standard for community engagement with QDN's strategic direction. Initiatives like QDeNgage have empowered over 200 people with disability as consultants to improve accessibility, inclusion across mainstream services including health, transport, housing ,NDIS, quality and safeguards.
QDN's Peer Support Group network has given diverse groups a platform to be heard and empowered. Her legacy includes shifting paradigms, fostering collaboration, and paving the way for future leaders in transformative work.
The ten category winners are:
- Super Max & Bryce - Bryce U'Ren and Amy Kenworthy - Australia Pacific LNG Community Hero Award
- Inclusee - Awards Australia Charitable Foundation Mental Health and Wellbeing Award
- Baby Give Back – Volunteers - Bendigo Bank Community Group of the Year Award
- Green Fox Studio - Career College Small Business Award Extraction Artisan Coffee - Konica Minolta Customer Service
- ALT Skills - Now I Can Run Disability Achievement Award
- Care Kits for Kids Qld Inc. - QLD Family and Child Commission Dedicated to Supporting Young Queenslanders Award