We have a strong network of 26 face-to-face Peer Support Groups all across Queensland. Our group members are people with disability, and we come together to connect, lead, inform, and influence.
We believe there is ‘nothing about us without us’.
Our peer groups are peer-led and are an inclusive place for people with disability to get together.
We have online peer support group meetings so you can connect with other people with disability from anywhere in Queensland. All our groups are peer-led and are an inclusive place for people with disability to get together. We come together to connect, lead, inform, and influence.
We have a number of groups around different topics and areas of interest like our QDN Y group for young people, our MAC Group for people over 65 and our self-management group. If you need information about how to join a group on-line, we will email you an invitation with steps on how to join the meeting using zoom.
Face-to Face and online groups
Face-to Face only groups
Online only groups
- Group Convenor Profile – Rob Ellis21st June 2022Rob Ellis Gold Coast Hot Topics Peer Support Group Why did you join QDN? To be included in my local community and to have a say about issues impacting people with disability. What has been good about becoming part of the group? Friendship, being out in the community and being able to communicate with others and share knowledge which is what I love to do. What has been one of the groups achievements? Long lasting, staying together, and friendship. One of the groups achievements was ... Read More
- QDN e-News Video Update – June Week 316th June 2022QDN e-News Video Update – June 2022 Week 3 2032 Games Visioning Forum On Monday we held the Brisbane 2032 Games Visioning Forum. With over 70 participants the Forum was opened by the Hon Stirling Hinchliffe MP, Minister for Tourism, Innovation and Sport and Minister Assisting the Premier on Olympics and Paralympics Sport and Engagement. Three speakers, including two former Paralympians Geoff Trappett and Karni Liddell and Dr Sharon Boyce set the scene for how we can work together to ... Read More
- Peer Support Group Wrap up – March 20223rd June 2022Peer Support Group wrap up – March 2022 QDN team members, Olivia and Kat went to Far North Queensland! Olivia and Kat spent a week in Far North Queensland supporting our three Peer Support Groups, building and broadening local community connections and awareness of the work of QDN’s Peer Support Groups. Over the week they supported three peer groups meeting with 17 QDN peer group members and over 40 community service providers and 3 regional councils. They connected with new ... Read More
- People with disability want support to make their own decisions3rd June 2022People with disability want support to make their own decisions The Brisbane Hot Topics Peer Support Group was featured in the Royal Commission Connect Newsletter this month. ‘People think I am not capable because of my disability’ but ‘they should talk to me instead of going behind my back.’ Eight people with intellectual disability from Brisbane peer support group ‘Hot Topics’ shared their views on choice, control and decision making at a co-designed focus group with the Royal ... Read More
- Upcoming Peer Support Group meetings2nd June 2022Upcoming Peer Support Group meetings Looking for a place to connect, meet new people, find out more about topics of interest like National Disability Insurance Scheme, navigating hospitals and healthcare or housing. Come along to one of QDN’s Peer Support Groups which are run by people with disability, for people with disability. QDN also has an online peer support group for people with disability looking to connect online once a month. This group meet on the third Monday of the month. New ... Read More
Resources for attending Online Peer Support Groups
How to use Zoom
A guide to help you use zoom video conferencing.