The QDNY Peer Support Group is a group for young people with disability, run by people with disability who are under 35. Group Convenors Brendon Donohue and Mathew Townsend host monthly state-wide meetings online via Zoom.
QDNY discusses a range of topics relevant to young people with disability from housing, employment, being safe online, sport to social events.
The Group meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month via Zoom.
Call QDN on 1300 363 783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about these meetings.
- QDNY youth group finds out the why, what, and where for COVID-19 vaccinations17th August 2021QDNY youth group finds out the why, what, and where for COVID-19 vaccinations The QDN Youth peer support group met in July to discuss COVID vaccinations. Troy Hakala from Metro South Health was the guest speaker and presented information around several topics: ... Read More
- Upcoming Peer Support Group meetings15th July 2021Upcoming Peer Support Group meetings QDN’s Peer Support Groups are run by people with disability for people with disability and are an inclusive place for people to talk about things important to them. New members are welcome. Peer Support Groups meet monthly both face to face and online. Upcoming meetings include: ... Read More
- Peer Support Group Updates20th January 2021Peer Support Group Updates Group Convenor Training Days 15 and 16 October 2020 On 15 and 16 October, Group Convenors from across Queensland came together for two days of training in Brisbane. Across the two days convenors explored topics like transformation leadership and capturing digital stories. Convenors heard from representatives from the National Disability Insurance Agency and Every Australian Count to keep up to date with changes around the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These ... Read More
- QDN Local Support Groups videos launched25th November 2019QDN Local Support Groups videos launched Recently at QDNs Annual General Meeting, two digital stories were launched for the first time to celebrate QDN’s local support groups work to inform, connect, lead and influence people with disabilities in local communities across Queensland. The digital stories showcase QDNs peer groups and the work of peer groups across the State. QDN has 20 local support groups, operating ... Read More
- Why Come Along To A Local Support Group?28th October 2019Why Come Along To A Local Support Group? QDN has 20 Peer Local Support Groups in communities across Queensland that meet in person and virtually. The groups are led by people with disability for people with disability. Hear from QDN’s Local Support Group Convenors about the benefits of being part of a peer network and why you should come along in the below video. ... Read More
Links to come. Watch this space!