The Brisbane Peer Support Group is a group for people with disability, run by people with disability living in the general Brisbane area. Group Convenors Elisha Matthews and Lisa Mahony host monthly meetings at the QDN office. You can join the meeting face to face or online with Zoom.
The group is passionate about, and regularly discuss a range of topics such as accessibility, parking, eScooters, public transport, NDIS and other topics important to people with disability in the Brisbane region.
The Group meets the third Wednesday of the month both face to face and online.
Call QDN on 1300 363 783 or email email@example.com to find out more about these meetings.
- International Day of People with Disability Online Global Event 18th November 2021Online event for people with an intellectual disability: International Day of People with Disability Online Global Event QDN’s Brisbane and Gold Coast Hot Topics peer support groups for people with an intellectual disability and New Vision Advocates from Canada invite people with an intellectual disability to be a part of an international online event to celebrate International Day of People with Disability 2021. This online event is for people with an intellectual disability to join ... Read More
- Upcoming Peer Support Group meetings15th July 2021Upcoming Peer Support Group meetings QDN’s Peer Support Groups are run by people with disability for people with disability and are an inclusive place for people to talk about things important to them. New members are welcome. Peer Support Groups meet monthly both face to face and online. Upcoming meetings include: ... Read More
- Peer Support Group Updates20th January 2021Peer Support Group Updates Group Convenor Training Days 15 and 16 October 2020 On 15 and 16 October, Group Convenors from across Queensland came together for two days of training in Brisbane. Across the two days convenors explored topics like transformation leadership and capturing digital stories. Convenors heard from representatives from the National Disability Insurance Agency and Every Australian Count to keep up to date with changes around the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These ... Read More
- QDN Local Support Groups videos launched25th November 2019QDN Local Support Groups videos launched Recently at QDNs Annual General Meeting, two digital stories were launched for the first time to celebrate QDN’s local support groups work to inform, connect, lead and influence people with disabilities in local communities across Queensland. The digital stories showcase QDNs peer groups and the work of peer groups across the State. QDN has 20 local support groups, operating ... Read More
- Why Come Along To A Local Support Group?28th October 2019Why Come Along To A Local Support Group? QDN has 20 Peer Local Support Groups in communities across Queensland that meet in person and virtually. The groups are led by people with disability for people with disability. Hear from QDN’s Local Support Group Convenors about the benefits of being part of a peer network and why you should come along in the below video. ... Read More
Links to come. Watch this space!