Supporting members in affected Fraser Coast and Gympie Local Government areas during this time

We hope you and your loved ones are well during this time, following the devastating heavy rainfall and flooding that has impacted your local area.

During this stressful time, you may need extra assistance or support.  It is important that you know who and where to call.  QDN has compiled a list of resources and agencies to help you if needed.


Financial Assistance

Personal Hardship Assistance is now available to support impacted residents in the hardest hit areas of Tiaro, Bauple, Gundiah and Glenwood in the Fraser Coast and the localities of Goomeri, Kilkivan, Tansey, Miva, Woolooga, Theebine, Gunalda and Booubyjan in the Gympie region. There are grants of up to $180 per person, to a maximum of $900 for a family of five or more, as well as grants to safely reconnect essential services.

For information on Personal Hardship Assistance, contact the Community Recovery Hotline 1800 173 349 or visit

The Disaster Recovery Payment is a one-off, non-means tested payment of $1,000 for eligible adults and $400 for eligible children.  This payment is available if you live in Hinkler and have suffered a significant loss, including a severely damaged or destroyed home, or serious injury.  This payment can be claimed online through myGov.

There is a Disaster Recovery Allowance available to residents within your area.  To see if you are eligible you will need to contact them on the phone, by calling the Australian Government Emergency Information Line on 180 22 66.


Wellbeing and Health

Queensland Health has also set up a small base at the Hockey Grounds in Granville to deal with emergencies as they arise.  The base is not a clinic and should only be accessed in an emergency.

Queensland Ambulance Service has deployed an ambulance and two officers to Granville to deal with emergencies.  For emergency help please telephone 000.

Lifeline counsellors are ready and waiting to take your call if you need to speak to someone, they can be contacted by telephone on 131 114.


Keep up-to-date

As the flood waters recede, local councils will co-ordinate the clean-up of flood mud and debris from roadways and footpaths with the assistance of Queensland Government agencies.

The SES can assist with flood damage to property.  Please contact the SES on 132 500 if you need any help.

Of course, if you need any help with getting additional assistance or information, please contact QDN on 1300 363 783.

Keep safe during this time!