Hot issues: Health
- Response to Queensland Competition Authority Medical and Disability Aids and Equipment Pricing Investigation Draft Report
(Word Document) 2013
The Patient Information booklet has been developed to assist people who are patients of a general practice or allied health professional in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region with key information in relation to accessing the NDIS. Click here to go to the booklet.
Roundtable: Health and Intellectual Disability
A Roundtable focused on Health and Intellectual Disability, hosted by Queenslanders with Disability Network, Office of the Public Advocate, Queensland Centre for Intellectual and Developmental Disability and the Institute for the Clinical Advancement of Neuroplasticity and is supported by the Australian Society of Intellectual Disability Queensland Division was held in Brisbane in March 2019 and brought together more than 80 people and a wide variety of speakers, ranging from people with intellectual disabilities and their families through to professors, clinicians and advocates.
The Summary of the Roundtable Outcomes includes proposed future actions to drive change to improve the health and well-being of people with disabilities.
NDIS Toolkit for General Practitioners
The toolkit includes:
- the forms that GPs can be asked to complete and how to complete them, i.e. sample Access Request and Supporting Evidence forms;
- examples of how to provide evidence of the patient’s functional impact across six areas: mobility, communication, social interaction, learning, self-care and self-management;
- a full list of conditions that do not require evidence under current NDIS guidelines, and;
- referral pathways for patients so they can find out more information about the NDIS and where to go for help.
Resources for Mental Health: Accessible Snapshots
The NDIS has recently developed a series of information sheets called Accessible Snapshots. The purpose of these snapshots is to provide specific, detailed information to people with psychosocial disability, their supporters, and service providers. These snapshots are designed to assist people to understand the requirements of the access process in relation to psychosocial disability, and demystify the access process. These snapshots have been co-designed with members of the National Mental Health Sector Reference Group and people with lived experience. The information sheets cover the following topics:
Accessible Snapshot 1: General information about how the NDIS can support your mental health
Accessible Snapshot 2: Impairment and mental health in the NDIS
Accessible Snapshot 3: Recovery and the NDIS
Accessible Snapshot 4: Functional capacity and mental health issues
Accessible Snapshot 5: NDIS and other services supporting your mental health