QDN's Emerging Leaders Program for Queenslanders with disability
- Building and growing individual, peer and community leadership.
The Emerging Leaders Program for people with disability supports emerging leaders to:
- build capacity and develop the skills and confidence to contribute to their community
- lead change in their lives and their community
- create a more inclusive community
- inform, connect, lead and influence.
The program will include monthly training sessions ranging from face to face meetings, online interactive sessions, mentorship, community activities to develop critical thinking, exploring leadership theory, practice and techniques, holding inquiring conversations, building relationships, and connecting with established leaders.
Are you interested in:
- Building your leadership skills, knowledge, attributes and qualities
- Connecting with other emerging leaders to share your leadership learning journey
- Connecting with established and knowledgeable leaders to learn from their experience
- Engaging in critical thinking and reflection about leading and making change happen
- Committing to being part of a program for 10 months.
Who should apply?
People with disability who live in Queensland, are QDN members and who want an opportunity to develop your leadership skills. QDN also encourages younger people with disability to apply
You might not feel like you are a leader however everyone can be a leader in their own lives. This program provides people with disability a space to be able to build skills and practice techniques to become leaders.
How to apply?
To apply please answer the following questions.
You can do this in any format that helps you express yourself. This could be a short video, a written application or even through a collection of photos.
If you need help completing the application process contact QDN at email@example.com or phone 1300 363 783
- What has been your leadership journey? What do you want to achieve?
- What are your goals and hopes for Queenslanders with disability?
- Describe your networks and connections in your community?
- Why do you want to grow your leadership skills and abilities? What do you bring to this program?
- If successful, how will you use your learning and development in your own community and in your own life?
Expressions of Interest are now open. Applications close 5 February 2021.