Call for Expressions of Interest for QDN Board of Directors
QDN is a company limited by guarantee, governed by a Board of Directors, who are people with disability. We are with, and for, all people with disability and ensure those with limited or no voice are heard and valued. We believe in, and model, a human rights approach that recognises disability as a social issue. We are committed to the power of the collective voice in shaping public policy, systems and structures that enable access and participation.
The Queenslanders with Disability Network Board of Directors consists of up to 10 voluntary elected and appointed Directors, who together make up the diversity of capacity, skill and lived experience to lead our member-driven organisation. We expect 1-3 vacancies to arise in this year’s election at our AGM. We are now inviting Expressions of Interest (EOI) from people who share our vision to ensure people with disability are active and valued citizens, and who wish to contribute their energy, time and skills that will help us build an inclusive society in the home, the community and the workplace.
We are seeking people who will:
- Demonstrate alignment with the QDN vision and values and have lived experience of disability either through self or working closely with others;
- Offer skills and expertise to the board, particularly (but not exclusively) in the areas of not-for-profit governance, strategic placement, marketing, communications and technology;
- Apply the willingness, discipline, commitment and time required to achieve strong board governance, through preparation, attendance, consideration and accountability;
- Commit to attending six Board meetings per year; and
- Commit to participating in one committee of the Board which will meet approximately four times a year
QDN is committed to achieving a representative and diverse board, and strongly encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ + people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities residing in all areas of Queensland to apply.
How to submit your Expression of Interest
The first step to the selection process is to email the following to the Company Secretary, Colleen Papadopoulos, at ColleenP@qdn.org.au, by 28 August 2020. Please use the subject line ‘EOI for QDN Board Director’
- your resume; and
- a cover letter (Expression of Interest) outlining your interest in the QDN board, and the particular skills, personal qualities, passion and the experience you have to offer.
Shortlisted EOI’s will be invited to an interview and progress through the selection process. Successful applicants will be recommended for endorsement by the board as nominees in the board election at the 2020 Annual General Meeting in October. A term of 1 to 4 years will be offered.
For more information or a discussion on the above role, please contact Colleen Papadopoulos, at ColleenP@qdn.org.au or on 1300 363 783.