Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) is a state wide organisation of, for, and with people with disability connecting for collective and affirmative action.
Our motto is “nothing about us without us.”
- QDN operates a state-wide network of members who provide information, feedback and views from a consumer perspective to inform systemic policy feedback to Government and peak bodies.
- QDN also provides information and referral support to people with disability.
- QDN has more than 700 members across Queensland.
- All of QDN’s voting members are people with disability.
- QDN is a Company Limited by Guarantee, governed by a Board of Directors, who are people with disability.
- QDN is funded by the Queensland State Government (Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services) to give systemic policy feedback. QDN receives funding for different projects including National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
Members are welcome, and membership is free.
- Promote and maintain strong vibrant networks throughout Queensland.
- Facilitate the exchange of accessible information and lived experiences.
- Influence governments and others to bring about full and equal participation and citizenship.
- Grow an effective, sustainable, accountable organisation that reflects our values.