Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) is a state-wide organisation of, for, and with people with disability. QDN’s work is centred around a strong network of people with disability across Queensland to inform, connect, lead and influence change to deliver an inclusive Queensland community.
Our motto is “nothing about us without us.”
- QDN operates a state-wide network of members who provide information, feedback and views from a consumer perspective to inform systemic policy feedback to Government and peak bodies.
- QDN has more than 2000 members across Queensland.
- All of QDN’s voting members are people with disability.
- QDN is a Company Limited by Guarantee, governed by a Board of Directors, who are people with disability.
- QDN is funded by the Queensland State Government (Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services) to give systemic policy feedback. QDN receives funding for different projects including National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and offers a fee for service program that links consultants with a lived experience to organisations requiring specific advice.
Members are welcome, and membership is free.
- To promote and maintain active vibrant local networks throughout Queensland that inform our work and build local capacity.
- To enhance the leadership and influencing capability of people with a disability.
- To let people know about the lives of people with disability and how best to engage with us.
- To influence governments and others to bring about full and equitable participation, citizenship and protection rights for all.
- To grow an independently sustainable, effective, accountable and rights based organization that reflects our mission, vision, values and principles.