e-Blast: Chief Health Officer Direction to ease COVID-19 restrictions from 1.00am Friday 25 September 2020 in certain Local Government Areas
The Chief Health Officer has issued information to ease the restrictions that have been in place and there are no Local Government Areas now listed as Queensland COVID-19 restricted areas.
From 1.00am Friday 25 September 2020 the following Local Government Areas are no longer listed:
- Logan City
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
- Moreton Bay and
Queensland Health is continuing to actively respond to the declared public health emergency in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19).
This means from 1.00 am on Friday 25 September everyone in Queensland can:
- Have a maximum of 30 people in your home, including the members of your household that live there. The visitors can be from different households.
- Have a public gathering with a maximum of 30 people including yourself and members of your household.
- Visit residential aged care facilities, hospitals and shared disability accommodation services, subject to the relevant Public Health Directions and applicable visitor requirements applied by the facility.
Importantly for people with disability and their families and supporters, this means that people with disability living in shared disability accommodation services where four or more people live can have visitors to their home.
Certain restrictions continue to apply under the following Directions:
- Public Health Direction – Aged Care (No. 10) or its successor
- Public Health Direction – Hospital Visitors (No. 6) or its successor
- Public Health Direction – Movement and Gathering (No. 4) or its successor
- Public Health Direction – Disability Accommodation Services (No. 3) or its successor
Information about these Directions, including questions and answers are available on the Queensland Health website.