eBlast: NDIA Information about the Annual NDIS Price Review 2020-2021
QDN is updating members about the NDIS Annual Price Review 2020-2021, which is now underway. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) has released an NDIS Annual Price Review 2020-2021 Issues Paper which is available on the NDIS website.
Click here to access the paper.
In early 2020, the NDIA will publish a draft report of findings of the Review. In April 2020, recommendations for proposed pricing changes will then be presented to the NDIA Pricing Reference Group for consideration. The NDIA CEO and Board will review and approve any recommendations before announcing changes for implementation of any changes from 1 July 2020.
What the Review is about
The Review will examine whether the existing pricing framework and other pricing related policies under the NDIS continue to be appropriate, or whether modifications are required. The NDIA aims to identify options to improve the flexibility for participants to purchase supports to meet their goals, and where possible, reduce the administrative burden for providers.
What the Review will consider
The Review will consider:
- Ways to increase flexibility for participants and reduce administrative burden for providers
- Suggestions to improve the pricing framework, Price Guide and Support Catalogue to improve requirements under the NDIS
- Price limits for 1:1 core supports, such as, how and where disability support workers are utilised, high intensity and standard services and considerations for time-of-day and day-of-week
- Group-Based Supports price limits and how the cost of associated tasks should be applied
- Capacity Building Supports including the adequacy of current prices and indexation and whether different price limits might be appropriate for different times of day, or days of week
- Plan Management Supports and associated costs
- Regional, remote and very remote areas including the application of the Modified Monash Model (which classifies areas as regional, remote and very remote) to the NDIS, and the costs of delivering services in outer regional areas
- Provider claiming including, cancellations, provider travel and establishment fees.
How QDN is contributing to the Review
Providers, as well as participants, their families and carers, community, and peak bodies can provide feedback as part of the Review. QDN will be making a submission to the NDIA about the Review and the key issues from the perspective of people with disability. If any QDN members want to contribute to QDN’s submission and have feedback on any of the issues being reviewed, please email email@example.com or call QDN 1300 363 783 by 17 January 2020.
Members can also make individual submissions to the NDIA by 12 midnight, Sunday 2 February 2020. Submissions may be lodged via email or post.
Post: Annual Price Review
National Disability Insurance Agency
GPO Box 700
CANBERRA, ACT, 2601